A new tax season is fast approaching and we are excited to help you prepare! My staff and I would like to provide you with a roadmap for success.
Listed below are your 12 Tips for RCBlackwell’s Tax Preparation! We recognize that each tax situation is unique so every tip on the list may not apply to you. But please make the most of the tips applicable to your situation. Doing so, will make your visit and our execution quick and easy.
- Has your address changed? Please share your new address with us, via e-mail or SmartVault portal.
- Has your Bank Account information changed? Please add new Bank Name and Account # to SmartVault.
- Have you acquired, bought, sold or traded any Crypto Currency since your last visit? If so, please provide all details.
- Have you opened any Foreign Accounts or become involved with any foreign businesses since your last visit? If so, please provide Bank Name and Account #’s.
- Have you acquired or sold any Rental Property since your last visit? If so, please provide documentation.
- Do you have any New Dependents this year? If so, please provide Name, Gender, DOB and SS#.
- Did you and/or your family have Health Coverage for all of 2021? If not, please provide documentation of the months you were covered.
- Did your Driver’s License or California ID expire in 2021? If so, please provide and updated copy or the Date Issued and the Expiration Date.
- Did you receive any Stimulus Payments in 2021? If so, please provide the Date of Receipt and the Amount.
- Did you add any New Assets (i.e., car, computer, cell phone, office furniture, etc.) to your Business in 2021? If so, please provide Date of Purchase and Purchase Price.
- Don’t forget to provide us with your Supplemental Statement from your Brokerage Account (i.e., e-Trade, Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)!
- Please request and complete your personalized organizer that includes prior year info to help you gather all information we need to complete your return accurately
If you have a SmartVault portal, please shoot us an e-mail as soon as all of your documents have been uploaded. Your e-mail will prompt us to begin your taxes.
If you do not have a SmartVault portal, we’d be happy to set one up for you. Please send a request via e-mail.